Welcome to the home page of the Sensorimotor Neuroscience Laboratory
Principal Investigator: Ramesh Balasubramaniam, PhD
Dr. Ramesh Balasubramaniam is a Professor of Cognitive & Information Sciences at the University of California, Merced.
Our laboratory is engaged in fundamental work on Cognitive, Neurophysiological and Dynamical systems approaches to human action. We use the study of human motor control as a vehicle to understand the embodied nature of cognition.
We use 3-D motion capture, eye tracking, TMS, EEG and other electrophysiological recordings to study the brain and behavior.
Please click on the various links above to learn more about the work going on in our laboratory, the people engaged in this research and our various projects & publications.
At the moment we are working on a number of projects including:
1) Multisensory control of human balance
2) Auditory rhythm perception (in music and other contexts)
3) Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
4) Combined EEG and TMS methodologies
5) Development of new optical imaging paradigms
6) Complexity and adaptability in the human sensorimotor system.
If you are interested in working in the lab as a post-doc, graduate student or research volunteer please contact Dr. Balasubramaniam (ramesh at ucmerced dot edu or twitter: @rameshUCMerced)